DR. KHALDOUN TABBAH
Specialist Pulmonologist & HOD Respiratory Medicine
About Dr. Khaldoun Tabbah
More than 20 years of working experience as Pulmonologist and Faculty Associate Professor of Chest Medicine in United Kingdom, Syria and United Arab Emirates. Trained at Southampton General Hospital, England, UK, and hold Doctorate of Medicine Degree form University of Southampton, UK, since 1999. Has published more than 50 articles (alone or with collaborators) in index international journals, authored 2 chapters in respiratory medicine text books and medical encyclopedia, and presented more than 25 lectures at national and international conferences. Member of European, Emirate, Saudi and Syrian Respiratory Societies. Expert reviewer for respiratory scientific journals. Has special proficiency in asthma and other allergic disorders.
Area of interest :
- Asthma and other allergic disorders such as allergic bronchitis, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, and food allergy. This include the up to date treatments of these disorders using biological medications and specific immunotherapy (desensitisation).
- Cigarette and Shisha smoking related respiratory disorders including acute and chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and emphysema.
- Respiratory infections including rhinitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia and tuberculosis.
- Chronic cough
- Doctorate of Medicine Degree in Respiratory Medicine – University of Southampton, England, UK, 1999
- Syrian Board of Medical Specialities in Respiratory Medicine, Damascus, Syria, 2000
- Masters Degree in Internal Medicine – University of Aleppo, Syria, 1991
More than 20 Years
Language Spoken :
English & Arabic